- Ex-workers fired for speaking out about bad conditions have been picketing the restaurant for over 2 years, along with the support of UWS residents, faith groups, community organizations, students and elected officials.
- Former employees won a $1 million judgement against the restaurant for refusing to pay the debt from a previous settlement.
The victory at the Saigon Grill is a victory for all workers!
- Working conditions across the neighborhood have been improving. Inspired by the struggle at the Saigon Grill, other workers from places like V&T Pizzeria, Land Thai, and Domino’s Pizza have spoken up against sweatshop conditions.
- Winning the battle against sweatshop conditions at the Saigon Grill paved the way for Domino’s Pizza workers, who won a decision to include the Domino’s Corp. in their class-action law suit, to take the fight against exploitation all the way to the people at the top who benefit from it the most.
- Shutting down the Saigon Grill sends a clear message to other bosses:
Sweatshops cannot survive on the UWS!
Join Assemblymember Linda Rosenthal and the Justice Will Be Served! Campaign to demand:
Saigon Grill landlord pledge NOT to rent to another sweatshop boss and to EVICT any future restaurant owner that continues the legacy of sweatshop Saigon Grill owners by violating the labor law.
FRIDAY, MARCH 8TH, 12PM//SAIGON GRILL, 90TH & AMSTERDAM