NMASS joins workers and students of the Ain’t I A Woman?! Campaign to demand that Costco STOP peddling the sweatshop products of Reynolds Group subsidiary, Pactiv.
- Pactiv forced Kearny NJ workers to do so much overtime that they became injured and even disabled
- Pactiv sped up the machines to the point that the women were not able to use the bathroom.
- Pactiv retaliated against women who spoke up in their factory, and fired them for trying to organize.
Boycott Pactiv and parent company Reynolds until workers’ demands are met. The workers are demanding from Pactiv:
1. The right to take bathroom breaks.
2. The right to sick days and parental leave.
3. The right to speak out and organize without retaliation.
4. Reinstatement with back pay for those terminated.
5. The right to a 40-hour work week and NO mandatory overtime.
Pactiv, a subsidiary of Reynolds Group, owned by Graeme Hart, is one of the worst sweatshop companies in the country. Yet Costco won’t stop peddling Pactiv’s sweatshop products!
Join us on July 26 to demand that Costco immediately stop selling Pactiv products.
Date: July 26, 2014
Location: Brooklyn Costco
For more information:
If you plan to attend the Rally and Press Conference, please call and leave a message for Paul Ahn at the following:
email: firstname.lastname@example.org / phone: 212-358-0295